December 2, 2011

Elvis Had Pancake Mix!

When someone was obviously tuned into what was going on, my son used to say, "Oh yeah!  You've got pancake mix!"  Of course, if someone was deemed clueless by my young offspring he'd remark, "You don't have pancake mix!"  Random, but fun.

It's funny what sticks in your head.  While my son no longer partakes in this particular running commentary about the people around him, I still find myself doing it in my head.  So when I saw the attached video featuring Elvis singing "In The Ghetto" that's what popped into my head . . . "Elvis, you got pancake mix!"

The powerful thing about this video, beyond Elvis' timeless voice, is that it simply shows the words to the song.  These haunting lyrics really speak to the reality of far too many living impoverished in slums, and challenges us to do something about it.



Hey!! I'm That Poverty Guy . . . let's make a world of difference together.

Click Here to Sign . . . A Declaration to World Leaders

Click Here to See WACHOOKANDU

2 comments:

  1. wow...i never noticed what a message he has in that song. its so true that a homeless person will grow angry if they never see love or a helping hand from those around them....i strive to show love.....no one should be out there in the ghetto.
    thx Sean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sean D. Krausert, EditorDecember 6, 2011 at 5:57 PM

    You're so right. It's when our needs aren't met that we get angry and bitter.

    ReplyDelete