October 7, 2011

Awakening (Day 77 - October 7, 2011)

All day today I've been thinking about waking up tomorrow.  As of 6 AM Saturday October 8th, my time in the tent is over!  I've been fantasizing about . . . the glorious shower I am going to have . . . putting on fresh clothes washed in soap (perhaps something a little colourful) . . . taking a moment to savour fresh undies and socks . . . trimming my beard (I've decided to keep the beard rather than grow it again when I can't afford razors in Phase II) . . . putting on a different pair of shoes . . . driving my car . . . and, of course, sleeping indoors in my own bed with my wife again.   Phase I of That Poverty Project will be in the books as I look ahead to starting Phase II - Struggles of the Working Poor on November 1st.  It truly will be a Thanksgiving to celebrate in my household, and I suspect that there will be things I become thankful for when I fully realize everything I've previously taken for granted.



I've also been thinking about our leaders waking up.  No, not like that! (Hmmm . . . although maybe some do need a good ol' awakening.)  I mean that I was wondering what it would be like if upon waking up each morning our government officials and leaders had a brand spanking new daily checklist to review.  In my mind, EVERY SINGLE DAY our elected representatives and bureaucrats should turn their minds to the following:


Can you imagine if that happened?  If we decided that it was unacceptable for anyone to go without their basic rights being met.  There will be cynics (they call themselves "realists") who will say that this will never happen.  But really . . . why couldn't it happen?



And then my mind turns to the awakening of the whole world to a new way of thinking.  A way of thinking that embraces compassion and the well being of all ahead of greed and selfishness.  This then brought to mind the following excerpt from my book . . .

"When we awaken and no longer see things as we have always seen them, we are able to see things for what they really are – part of a whole – just WE.  

We must develop and exercise attitudes that reflect the type of world in which we want to live.  For example, even in the face of scarcity, we can develop attitudes of abundance.  An attitude of abundance is based upon compassion, encourages sharing and generosity, and overcomes scarcity.   We can be certain that nothing will change if our attitude does not take the lead.

I am.  You are as I am.
WE are ONE on this Earth.
The Earth is but a room without walls.
Are WE awakening to this reality?

 WE are smart enough and rich enough to
address all issues confronting OUR world. 
The question is . . . do WE care enough?"



If I'm super duper excited about waking up tomorrow, I'm going to be freakin' beside myself the day that I wake up and realize that the entire world has awakened to its true potential.  And, believe me, it can . . . and must . . . happen.


Hey!! I'm That Poverty Guy . . . let's make a world of difference together.

Click Here to Sign . . . A Declaration to World Leaders

Click Here to See WACHOOKANDU

6 comments:

  1. I love the top priority protocol! I also think that if our leaders were living in the same 'room' as everyone in poverty they might feel more compelled to do something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on completing Phase one, it wasn't easy but your passion and commitment for the poor held you up.
    YOU DESERVE A VERY HAPPY THANKSGIVING !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What they said!

    Well done, Sean. You're an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks very much for these comments!

    In starting this project there were 3 things that helped me break the inertia - my passion for the subject matter, my faith, and my family. Then, in the early stages, a 4th factor emerged to help the project gain momentum - the encouragement and moral support of friends and followers. I am grateful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your passion for people is so encouraging..never give up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sean D. Krausert, EditorOctober 10, 2011 at 11:27 PM

    Thanks! Giving up is not an option for those fighting to survive, and so not for me either. :)

    Giving some thought on how best to make use of that protocol . . .

    ReplyDelete