September 7, 2011

Taking Action

The following is episode #5 of a 5 part video interview with Deb Runnalls, Street Level Manager with The Mustard Seed. The Mustard Seed has served the street homeless for over 25 years.

What can we do to help the street homeless?

Please leave your comments below and feel free to share this with others . . . we have to put an end to myths as they prevent real people just like you and me from getting the help they desperately need.


For more information about The Mustard Seed and its programs, go to
www.theseed.ca.


The other segments of this interview include:





Hey!! I'm That Poverty Guy . . . let's make a world of difference together.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Poverty Guy, Cyndy again. This story moved me to action in 2008:

    Brendan Foster's Dying Wish:
    http://thatpovertyproject.blogspot.com/2011/09/taking-action.html
    His dying wish was for folks to feed the homeless.

    I made about 50 sandwiches paired with fruit and took them to the local "Tent City" called Nickelsville. Since then I have made several trips there with things I could have given to charity (coats, blankets, pillows) but decide to give to Nickelsville instead.

    What would really help the homeless (besides food and money) is a kind word and a smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so right!

    Re Brendan Foster . . . what an amazing young man who helped more people in his short life than most of us do in 80 yrs. We can all be inspired, and I am going to post a video about him on this blog. Thanks for reminding me of him!

    ReplyDelete